Roulette is one of the most popular and addictive gambling activities. It’s not uncommon to see casinos crowded with people that wanted to play this game, as seen in their eagerness to join the crowds around roulette tables. Part of the blame goes to roulette’s charm, which has already attracted millions of casino players worldwide. The game’s appeal lies pretty much on its overall simplicity, not to mention the rather high odds of winning, one of the game’s characteristics that is very attractive to many gamblers who possess a “get rich quick” attitude.
A Fun Roulette Game does not Necessarily Mean Getting Profit
As mentioned, roulette is just another form of expensive entertainment. We say therefore that it must be played for fun, no more, no less. Winning is good, and so is mere enjoyment of the game whatever the outcome is. With this in mind, you will start to find that playing roulette is win-win. Playing the game for profit instead, will often lead to increasing frustration after every loss.
Tips to Help You Play Roulette Games Better
If you really are determined to win in the game, then we have a few good roulette tips for you. No, we won’t be presenting strategies nor put up claims that these tips and suggestions can give you guaranteed wins. These are just some advice to help you play the game better.
- Keep in mind that roulette is a game of chance. One can win or lose it purely out of luck, and neither skill nor strategy can make one win it. Now there is a certain common advice for outside bets that says you should watch for patterns, like black winning five times in a row, then bet on whatever is opposite as it is most likely to come up next. Do not ever think of following it. The chance of the ball landing on red in this case is just the same as it would on black, making it virtually impossible to predict the outcome of a spin.
- Adopt a betting strategy that suits you most. Of all the betting strategies created since roulette came into existence, there are four effective ones, each with its own pros and cons. These are the Martingale, Labouchere, Paroli and Fibonacci. You can learn more from other online roulette resources, but for now, here are quick summaries of each:
- Martingale – negative progression; increase the bets after every loss and decrease them after every win
- Labouchere – has a solid mathematical backing, renowned by seasoned roulette veterans
- Paroli – positive progression; same as Martingale but the bets are still increased after every win
- Fibonacci – a slow positive progression based on the Fibonacci sequence
- Know your bets to maximize your winning odds. As we all know, there are two types of wager in roulette, the inside and outside bets. Inside bets are those placed on one or more numbers, while outside bets refer to those placed on odd and even numbers, 1-18, 19-36, red, black, columns and dozens. Outside bets generally have the highest odds and we’d recommend betting only on those.
- Avoid placing your profits as bets. If you keep on counting all throughout the game and noticed that you’ve finally made profit, especially if you’ve doubled your starting money, cash in your profit and keep them in the bank. That way, if ever you lose, you’ll only be breaking even. Just remember not to make further deposits once your original stakes is spent.
- If you were given the option, play European roulette instead of its American sibling. This version of the game has the lowest house advantage of only 2.7%. Now the house advantage is the casino’s odds that stack with the chances of the player losing the game. This is based on the fact that if all the 37 or 38 inside bets of roulette is covered, the payout is consistent at 35 to 1, that is 35 chips for one winning inside bet.
Conclusion: Tips to Win Roulette Summarized
These roulette tips are helpful if you are aiming to profit from the game. A very short summary of all these is to maximize the winning odds by choosing the best betting system, bet and version of the game, as well as to withdraw your winnings from the table as soon as you can have them. Again, these tips won’t guarantee you a win – just keep these in mind so you can apply them whenever the situation calls for it.